UAE Trekkers includes the following assets on every trek;
- Walkie talkies to communicate with all leaders in the group
- 2 leaders, one in front, one behind, to ensure group stays together.
- Extensive First Aid kits provided to each guide
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid certified Mountain Leader Guides
- 2 Thuraya satellite phones for each leader, in order to communicate with each other or civilization in an emergency
- Programs that depart and arrive on time
- Everything included; camping gear, transportation, accommodation in various forms (hotels, guest houses, farm houses, traditional home-stays, or campsites)
- Expediting border exit and entry procedures
Transportation is provided either by 4×4 off road accessible vehicles or by using a bus, depending on the location.
DAY TREKS IN UAE: Ras al Khaimah, Khor Fakkan, Dibba, and Showka
Our day treks will depart Abu Dhabi and Dubai early in the morning at 6 am and return by 7 pm. The Trekker bus will stop at defined locations where people that live in different areas can choose the most convenient location for their early start and meet the bus. They will meet the leaders upon arrival at the trailhead. Though all of these treks can be completed in one day, they are all at different levels.
OVERNIGHT HIKES IN OMAN
The overnight hikes require an overnight stay in our mobile tented camps in order to complete the hike in a day. We also overnight options for the UAE based hikes. The Oman day hikes also require a tourist visa and an exit from UAE.
WEEKEND 2 DAY TRAINING HIKES
These training hikes are specifically for people who are training for international mountain treks and need to experience multi day, long hour hikes to prepare for their adventures abroad. They are mainly for people that want the additional challenge of 2 back to back hikes and 2 overnights in the wilderness
WEEKEND TOURIST LITE HIKING EXCURSIONS
The weekend excursions require a Thursday afternoon departure in order to allow a full weekend of activities, one activity per day, returning on Saturday evening.
MULTI SPORT PROGRAM OPTIONS
New in the 2016 season will be multi sport weekends where we combine hiking with one other activity, such as kayaking, mountain biking, rock climbing, via ferrata, or canyoning. We frequently use the services of other operators to complete activities that we ourselves are not certified to do, such as rock climbing or canyoning which require technical training and expertise.