Rwanda and Uganda are a unique and spectacular escape from reality. During our adventure in Rwanda and Uganda, you will observe silverback gorillas and their babies eat, play and jump around up close and in their natural habitat.
We will climb the same volcano where Diane Fossey spent 20 years saving gorillas from extinction. Relax in a traditional canoe and enjoy the birdlife and other wildlife on the peaceful waters of Lake Mutand. In addition, we will track the Golden Monkeys and watch them race around the bamboo trees above you. In addition, you will have the chance to explore the exotic and verdant Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and the Volcanoes National Park.
One of the highlights will be to spend the afternoon visiting the children in the Nkuringo Bright Future Orphanage that the trekkers before you have already fallen in love with and decided to sponsor. You will deliver much needed materials to them that their sponsors would like to give and give a report to them on how they are doing.
These are just some of the things you will be doing on this incredible adventure.
The trip is 4 nights and 5 days. We have scheduled this trek to coincide with the flight timings on Rwanda Air.
The country has been stable for many years. They are not on any embassy watch lists! Citizens of the world are safe and will enjoy exceptional hospitality and an unforgettable experience! Kids can join, but must be 13 years old to track the gorillas.
This trip has nothing but amazing reviews! check them out in past trips on meetup and on Facebook!
Day 1: Wednesday, early morning flights:
Arrival to Kigali, genocide museum, Transfer to Parc Nationale des Volcanoes
Day 2: Choice of Activity: Either Hike to the Diane Fossey Memorial OR Bisoke Volcano
Day 3: Golden Monkey Tracking
Day 4: Gorilla Tracking Experience and Volunteer in Community school
Day 5: Sunrise Canoe Ride, Dip your toes into Congo (take a picture at the border!) Return to Rwanda for late evening departure
• 4 nights lodging in comfortable, clean, lodges with hot water, clean and amazing fresh food, and wifi based on double sharing basis. Single supplement is 400 USD
• Transfers from Rwanda and Uganda, in safe safari style vehicles
• All meals and water throughout the journey EXCEPT Sunday dinner option.
• Gorilla permits are recommended to be purchased in advance to ensure availability. (
• Diane Fossey and Golden Monkey Tracking permits
• International Airfare (Rwanda Air) (500USD)
• Visas ($100 for Eastern Africa Multiple Entry Visa)
• Evacuation or travel insurance