No worries about the heat. Its cool up here!
Summer also has the benefit of giving us 13 hours of daylight which is so helpful!
Jabal Shams is a rite of passage if you are a hiker living in the UAE or Oman! To say you have braved the full W4 is a noteworthy accomplishment! It's an amazing hike and a rite of passage if you are new to the trekking world of Oman. But it's a big commitment.
We will have to push to the Summit as the season means less daylight. We will stick to our early morning start of 4;30 am. Yes its crazy!
Consider flying or leaving by 3 pm on Thursday in order to get ANY sleep. Most people find that it will take 7 hours no matter what your google map shows. Border crossings can add an hour or more sometimes.
Saturday option will also include the half or full abseil, at an additional charge. Most people, though very tired on Friday night, wake up on Saturday and are ready to do the abseil, which is not strenuous, just exciting!
• Get an early nights sleep
• Early Breakfast 430 AM
• Option 1: The summit group will start to hike at 4:45 am with headlamps. Summit can be as long as 12 hours, but you can always turn around if you need to prior to that.
• Friday packed lunch - you will select your own lunch upon arrival on Thursday night. Snacks, water, electrolytes (1 pack per person, 3 liters per person)
• Option 2: You will start the hike at 1750 m. You must reach 2900m within 4 hours if you would like to join the summit group. Otherwise, you will turn around at 12:00 after a good long rest and lunch at the campsite.
• BBQ dinner; There are also plenty of vegetarian and gluten free options.
Families are welcome, they can stay behind and enjoy the cool weather at altitude and swim and do the balcony hike.
Self Drive Option (Leaving at 3PM highly recommended): 900 DH
Carpools organised via whats app.
Transfer from Muscat (you buy your own ticket, we will get you from airport to resort for 300 dh RT)
• Accommodation for two nights on twin sharing basis
• All meals
• Activities and gear
• Pool access all day
• Experienced and certified guides
• Group safety gear, communication tools, satellite phone ICE
• Abseiling is an additional charge of 350 DH per person, paid in cash on the day.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
PLEASE NOTE: All information and communication, trek location, is by whats app NOT by meetup. RSVP is only expression of interest. Payment is a commitment.
There are no refunds. If you join and cannot attend for any reason, you will lose your money.
When the trek is FULL, the RSVP will be closed. Until that point, please pay directly on the website and you will be added into the group within 48 hours.
We are unable to communicate with people from Thursday evening until Sunday as the team are out trekking on weekends and do not answer messages.