Jabal Shams is a rite of passage if you are a hiker living in the UAE or Oman! To say you have braved the full W4 is a noteworthy accomplishment! It's an amazing hike and a rite of passage if you are new to the trekking world of Oman. But it's a big commitment.
We will have to push to the Summit as the season means less daylight. We will stick to our early morning start of 4:30 am. Yes, it's crazy!
In summer, Wadi Damm is also full of water, making for a great stop on the way back if we all have the energy.
Consider leaving by 3 pm on Thursday in order to get some sleep. Most people find that it will take 7 hours no matter what your google map shows. Border crossings can add an hour or more sometimes.
• Dinner, and get an early nights sleep
• Early Breakfast 4:30 AM, starting hiking at 500 am.
• Option 1: The summit group will start to hike at 4:45 am with headlamps. Summit can be as long as 12 hours, but you can always turn around if you need to prior to that.
• Friday packed lunch - you will select your own lunch upon arrival on Thursday night. Snacks, water, electrolytes (1 pack per person, 3 liters per person)
• Option 2: You will start the hike at 1750 m. You must reach 2900m within 4 hours if you would like to join the summit group. Otherwise, you will turn around at 12:00 after a good long rest and lunch at the campsite.
• BBQ dinner; There are also plenty of vegetarian and gluten free options.
Cost: 990 AED
Carpools organized via whats app.
• Accommodation for two nights on twin sharing basis
• All meals
• Pool access all day
• Experienced and certified guides
• Group safety gear, communication tools, satellite phone ICE